Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gluten Free Goodness

Maybe no one believes me when I say, "I love to cook!!" Therefore, I thought I would let you all in on our meal from this evening.

 Gluten Free Fried Chicken! I know what youre thinking,
Q: "really? Gluten Free FRIED chicken? Is it better for you because its gluten free?"

A: No it is not ANY better for you but still just as tasty!

Q: Just as tasty, huh?

A: Absolutely! It was so good I have been thinking about it all night wanting more! (I made enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Two meals out of one! WOOHOO! For being fried the batter actually tasted lighter. It didn't feel as heavy on my stomach and maybe that has a little to do with not overeating, it could have to do with the fact that it was GF therefore I didn't feel horrible after eating it. Or maybe it was a little of both.

Q: So how did you figure out you could make it GF?

A:  My lovely friends gave me this awesome GF Kitchen Cookbook for a wedding gift and since I started using it Ive never looked back. Some of the recipes are a little drab (and we like food spicy around here) so I spice it up.
Since I am only gluten intolerant most, if not all, spices don't bother me (as of yet) and I do not anticipate them starting to bother me any time soon.

So now I will leave you with an impromptu picture I took of my meal right before devouring it.



Everything on this plate is dairy and gluten free. The potatoes do have Almond milk, a little vegan butter, and some olive oil in them. This meal was SO yummy! I cant wait for lunch tomorrow... maybe breakfast? :0)

2 comments:

  1. You must tell me the name of this cookbook the chick is yummy - I made some oven fried chicken using soy flour instead of regular flour but I am not sure how soy works for you. - Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soy tends to have a stronger flavor. I will send you the recipe and the name of the recipe book. :O)

    ReplyDelete